Job Overview :
The role of the Compliance Monitoring Manager at Contis is to support the Compliance department in providing an efficient, comprehensive and professional second line of defence compliance service. The job holder will have specific responsibility for overseeing the monitoring of client distributors and internal processes to ensure the business maintains compliance with regulatory requirements.
UK and European travel is a requirement of the job.
We have talented teams across all our functions, and we are always interested in talking to more talented people who want to be a part of this journey.
Responsibilities & Duties :
- Manage compliance monitoring function
- Responsible for auditing 3rd party client distributors to ensure they are administering their agreed AML policies in line with Contis’ requirements.
- Co-ordinate the oversight of the monitoring of the outsourced functions to client distributors and monitor its effectiveness.
- Keep up to date with, and understand, relevant laws and regulations adhering to the FCA and BoL requirements (and other regulators as appropriate)
- Monitor compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies including Electronic Money, Payment Services, Money Laundering and GDPR
- Investigate irregularities and non-compliance issues
- Report back to business functions on current risk and compliance performance
- Highlight or escalate areas of concern
- Support the development of the compliance policy framework
- Manage and co-ordinate responses to regulators, third party suppliers and investors on compliance function and company information
- Manage Senior Compliance Specialists
- Contribute to robust and effective compliance controls within the organisation
- Manage Senior Compliance Specialists
- Develop the compliance monitoring function to support the business growth including identifying resource to meet planned growth.
Skills & Knowledge Required :
- Proven track record working in a similar 2nd line of defence role (Compliance Officer or above) for a minimum of 5 years
- Experience of European and UK regulations, specifically Payment Services, Anti Money Laundering regulations and of GDPR compliance
- Experience working within an EMI (Electronic Money Institution) or other issuing Payment Institution is preferable
- Proven track record and experience of compliance monitoring including of outsourced services
- Qualification in Compliance or AML is desirable but not required.
- Aptitude to work in a team focused and collaborative environment.
- Ability to take on board new information and challenge, where required.
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivated.
- Effective organisation and time management.
- Projects management and team motivation skills.
- Excellent spoken, written communication and presentation, including the ability to communicate to stake holders at all levels of the business
Why Work at Contis ?
- We seek out and hire only exceptional talent, and therefore recognise that each individual brings value and contribution which has made us who we are today.
- We have a tech stack to be proud of and a working environment framed by our Contis values and behaviours.
- We are passionate people who share a common vision, can think big, and thrive on delivering results.
- We value diversity of thought and expect that you bring all of you to work; your passion, creativity and ideas on how we can be the best in the space that we operate in.
- In return we will help you to be the very best that you can, we will support with development, give you opportunities to get involved in key projects and offer exposure to challenges that you may not get in a larger organisation.
The benefits on offer:
- 25 days annual leave
- Birthday Policy
- Yearly Performance Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Private healthcare
- Pension scheme, with Company contribution
- Membership of our life insurance scheme
- Annual Growth & Development allowance
Contis is an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and builds an inclusive environment for its employees and customers. We consider all applicants for employment regardless of age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.