Job Overview :
The role of the Lead Regulatory Officer is to lead the regulatory function in Lithuania while providing an efficient, comprehensive, and professional compliance service with specific responsibility for regulatory horizon scanning and managing the Bank of Lithuania day to day compliance relationship.
A key part of the job includes ensuring reporting obligations to regulators and various state authorities.
Important part for the person is to liaise closely with Group’s director of compliance.
The job holder will be the key contact point with the electronic money issuers trade body the Electronic Money Association (EMA).
This is a senior role that requires autonomy however the job holder will work with Group’s compliance department in all regulatory compliance related matters.
We have talented teams across all our functions, and we are always interested in talking to more talented people who want to be a part of this journey.
Responsibilities & Duties :
- Horizon scanning for both regulatory changes and industry best practice updates.
- Create a process for tracking and reporting all regulatory changes that may have an impact on Contis.
- Act as the main point of contact for Bank of Lithuania compliance matters, supported by the Group’s Compliance Team.
- Act as the main point of contact with the EMA, coordinating other areas of the business to take joint responsibility for upcoming applicable legislation.
- Lead and advise internal staff on regulation, processes and procedures.
- Own regulatory aspects of the business including AML, financial crime prevention, payment services, e-money, data protection, interchange fee regulation, payment accounts directive and Visa/Mastercard regulations and liaise with the Group functions accordingly.
- Manage all corporate governance activities including joining monthly board meetings and taking its minutes.
- Preparing internal compliance reports for the management.
- Support General Manager as required.
- Carry out additional ad-hoc tasks or projects as may be required by Compliance and senior management from time-to-time.
Skills & Knowledge Required :
- Fluent in Lithuanian and English
- 5 years plus experience working in compliance roles in the payment services sector.
- Experience of Financial Services, Bank of Lithuania regulations, Payment Services and Anti Money Laundering regulations including good knowledge of Lithuanian regulation and best practices.
- Qualification in Compliance, AML or Financial Crime Prevention is desirable but not required.
- Experience of legal or regulatory compliance is preferred.
- Experience working with payments systems is an advantage, but not necessary as full training will be provided.
- Ability to create and maintain accurate accessible and organised documentation.
- Excellent spoken, written communication and presentation.
- Detail oriented and analytical.
- Aptitude to work in a team focused and collaborative environment.
- Ability to take on board new information and challenge, where required.
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivated.
- Effective organisation and time management.
- Projects management and team motivation skills.
- Excellent spoken, written communication and presentation, including the ability to communicate to stake holders at all levels of the business
Why Work at Contis ?
- We seek out and hire only exceptional talent, and therefore recognise that each individual brings value and contribution which has made us who we are today.
- We have a tech stack to be proud of and a working environment framed by our Contis values and behaviours.
- We are passionate people who share a common vision, can think big, and thrive on delivering results.
- We value diversity of thought and expect that you bring all of you to work; your passion, creativity and ideas on how we can be the best in the space that we operate in.
- In return we will help you to be the very best that you can, we will support with development, give you opportunities to get involved in key projects and offer exposure to challenges that you may not get in a larger organisation.
The benefits on offer:
- 20 days annual leave
- Birthday Policy
- Yearly Performance Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Private healthcare
- Annual Growth & Development allowance
Contis is an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and builds an inclusive environment for its employees and customers. We consider all applicants for employment regardless of age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.