Job Overview :
The role of the Compliance Analyst is to support the Compliance Business Analyst with change projects which range from ‘must-do’ compliance work, strategic product development and internal process enhancements. Ultimately, this role supports the business to ensure that regulations are met across Contis and its distributors.
The focus initially will be improving and validating the regulatory reporting to both our UK and Lithuanian regulators. This will need understanding of the context of the regulatory requirements and in the accuracy of data.
Other areas that can be developed later are Strong Customer Authentication, Onboarding, AML and Financial Crime controls. Deliverables include scoping of reporting requirements, user journeys and technical solutions, to full alignment with Contis’ compliance needs.
The job holder will be supported and trained by the Compliance BA but will be expected to manage their own workload. This is a development role and the job holder will assist the department in all regulatory compliance related matters.
To be successful, the incumbent must build trust across internal customers and stakeholders especially IT, Product, Commercial and Data teams.
We have talented teams across all our functions, and we are always interested in talking to more talented people who want to be a part of this journey.
Responsibilities & Duties :
- Support the production of routine regulatory reporting for both the FCA and Bank of Lithuania
- Assist in the gathering of internal information in response to ad hoc regulatory requests
- Brief the Data Team on requirements for reporting, partner with them to also validate the reporting data produced
- Keep abreast of changes to existing reports and re-spec new requirements in time to meet reporting deadlines
Technical Projects and SCA:
- Provide support and advice to prospective and current clients on payment services/SCA, becoming a subject matter expert over time
- Help with improving compliance rules, processes and monitoring requirements of the fraud and AML real time monitoring systems
- Work with other teams to ensure progress against delivery of regulatory requirements
- Document agreed solutions, data models, development requirements and processes e.g. dataflow diagrams, flowcharts etc.
Internal & External Advice:
- Support the Compliance BA and deputise in meetings when needed
- Contribute to robust and effective compliance controls within the organisation
- Collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance
- Investigate irregularities and non-compliance issues
- Highlight or escalate areas of concern
- Carry out additional ad-hoc tasks as may be required by Compliance department and senior management from time-to-time.
Skills & Knowledge Required :
- Ideally a mixed experience of Reporting, Payment Services and Anti Money Laundering regulations
- Able to translate regulations into requirements and consider practical solutions
- Knowledge of banking and/or payments industry (desirable)
- Basic knowledge of Card Payments (desirable)
- A technical and analytical mindset as there will be a lot of data involved at times
- Aptitude to work in a team oriented and collaborative environment.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office, especially MS Word, MS Excel and Sharepoint
- Good communication skills - oral and written
- Problem solving skills and the ability to be pro-active
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-moving, sometimes ambiguous environment
- The ability to communicate to stake holders at all levels, including executive and clients
Why Work at Contis ?
- We seek out and hire only exceptional talent, and therefore recognise that each individual brings value and contribution which has made us who we are today.
- We have a tech stack to be proud of and a working environment framed by our Contis values and behaviours.
- We are passionate people who share a common vision, can think big, and thrive on delivering results.
- We value diversity of thought and expect that you bring all of you to work; your passion, creativity and ideas on how we can be the best in the space that we operate in.
- In return we will help you to be the very best that you can, we will support with development, give you opportunities to get involved in key projects and offer exposure to challenges that you may not get in a larger organisation.
The benefits on offer:
- 25 days annual leave
- Birthday Policy
- Yearly Performance Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Private healthcare
- Pension scheme, with Company contribution
- Membership of our life insurance scheme
Contis is an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and builds an inclusive environment for its employees and customers. We consider all applicants for employment regardless of age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.