Job Overview :
Technical Manager is an important position for Contis Technology Team. They are backbone to the Sr. Technical Manager and play an instrumental role in the successful results for Sr. Technical Manager’s team. They work closely with the Sr. Technical Manager, and when needed, they also work with business & clients for end-to-end delivery of new implementations that start from requirement management, solution definitions to the product release to the production. They tend to work closely with their team members and other teams of the engineering department. They are usually the leader/mentor for Senior to Junior level developers within Tech manager’s team
We have talented teams across all our functions, and we are always interested in talking to more talented people who want to be a part of this journey.
Responsibilities & Duties :
- Work closely with Sr. Technical Manager & Technical Architect. Work as a 1st level person in the team of a Sr. Technical Manager. You carry almost similar responsibilities like Sr. Tech Manager & Architect but mainly applies to single Project and multiple Module to be managed at a time
- Work with Small Agile Teams that are responsible to achieve successful results for the project(s)
- Responsible to assist Sr. Technical Manager to manage technical delivery of sub-projects/modules for Product Suite of Contis platform. Responsible for working closely with Product Management Team, Clients and Stakeholders for understanding business requirements, provide best solutions, develop, and deliver best quality work with excellence
- Work on complex and challenging development tasks by self, work on research and proof or concept tasks on required occasions
- Follow the agreed project plans, keep Sr.Technical Manager/ other departments/teams updated about the progress of project and milestones
- Remain hands on with knowledge of Contis products, underlying technology implementations & systems hosting infrastructure
- Remain up to date with technology trends and industry best practices along with taking initiatives on exploiting them in best way for Contis Platforms
- Need to have a broad and up-to-date knowledge of software applications, programming languages and hardware, as well as an understanding of quality standards, legislation in the IT industry
- Contis platform is a mission critical system which is very much centric towards Systems Performance, Scalability, Maintainability, Security, High availability, and Systems Uptime. Apply creative and smart solutions that always keeps Contis platform exceeding business and client expectations
- Ensuring that the technical solutions and code (and other implementation artifacts) adhere to standards and implement the specified design by participating in detailed reviews. Any new implementations or enhancements shall be reviewed thoroughly to ensure smooth rollout with backward compatibility considered and no impact to clients
- Responsible for providing technical solutions and code implementations done by self and team
- Follow the release processes and code management as per set up by PMO of Contis and ensure that go to market strategy of business and deployment processes are always meeting top standards. Experience of working with Agile/Scrum and Kanban approach is must
- Shall possess ability to lead and mentor Sr. to Junior development team members. Provides ongoing constructive technical feedback to the team
- Participate in technical upgradation of teams to keep them up to date with necessary current and future technical stack of Contis Platform, make team functional expert for they areas they are expected to work on. Work closely with other department heads to achieve these goals
- Go getter attitude with ability to work under minimal supervision from Upper Management
- Work closely with team to bring best out of them, provide necessary guidance, motivation and keep the team enthusiastic about the work they do
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, on occasions will need to get in to conference calls and communication with Head Office Teams as well as Client teams to represent technology expertise from Contis Engineering Department
- Remain available to provide guidance to technical support teams for handling production issues swiftly
- On occasions, you may need to make international visit to a client’s place, Contis head office or at a supplier / partner organisation. These visits may be for the purpose of important meetings or trainings
- Participate in recruitment process to ensure that Contis recruitment team can acquire best talent from the industry
Skills & Knowledge Required :
- 12+ years of total IT industry experience with proven experience of at least 4 years in a Technical Lead & Technical Manager position with excellent results demonstrated
- Solid working knowledge in all required software and programming languages like C#, SQL Server, Dot Net Core, Dot Net Frameworks.
- Hands on Experience with Rest/Web API, YAML, SOAP, Dot Net Core, Dot.NET Frameworks, window services, Socket Programming (TCP/IP), SOA, Design Patterns, Security best practices
- Hands on experience on GIT, Visual Studio, IIS, SQL Server.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Proven track record of Client Communication, Project Management, Technical Team Management & Reporting skills
- Expert knowledge and experience with designing and delivering techno-functional solutions that are generic, secure, scalable, good performance, usability, quality, maintainability with ease of integrations
- Experience of working with various tools to prepare high level / low level technical diagrams that can demonstrate solutions implemented / to be implemented.
- Must have knowledge of various SDLC and agile methodology and processes, experience of developing software using a formal and structured development methodology
- Expert knowledge and experience with design patterns, service-oriented architecture, solution frameworks, technical patterns, and technical services
- Expert knowledge and experience with multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and processing environments
- Have knowledge of JIRA tool for project management, have good knowledge of management tools like MS-Project or similar
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Proven track record of leading small technical team(s) along with good team building experience of technical team members.
Why Work at Contis ?
- We seek out and hire only exceptional talent, and therefore recognise that each individual brings value and contribution which has made us who we are today.
- We have a tech stack to be proud of and a working environment framed by our Contis values and behaviours.
- We are passionate people who share a common vision, can think big, and thrive on delivering results.
- We value diversity of thought and expect that you bring all of you to work; your passion, creativity and ideas on how we can be the best in the space that we operate in.
- In return we will help you to be the very best that you can, we will support with development, give you opportunities to get involved in key projects and offer exposure to challenges that you may not get in a larger organisation.
The benefits on offer:
- 5 days a week
- 18 days annual Leave
- Birthday Policy
- Yearly Bonus
- Employee Term Insurance
- Employee Referral Bonus
- No Sandwich Leave Policy
- Personal Accident Policy
- Relocation Benefit
Contis is an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and builds an inclusive environment for its employees and customers. We consider all applicants for employment regardless of age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.