Job Overview :
Under the growth of the database workload and considering criticality of it, we must have second database administration position. In this position, we will have preference over one skill from the two skills (MongoDB, SQL Server).
In new application re-structuring roadmap, we have plan to move certain workload over the NoSQL database (MongoDB) to leverage available features and its’ benefits. In this situation, existing OLTP Servers will have resources to cater OLTP related workload. Under this identified position, selected candidate will take care of MongoDB database related development and administration works.
In long-term plan resource can be cross skilled/trained over required technology to achieve shared model. That will reduce dependency and risk of single point of failure.
We have talented teams across all our functions, and we are always interested in talking to more talented people who want to be a part of this journey.
Responsibilities & Duties :
- Backup and Recovery Management
- Security & Audit Management (PCI, CIS Benchmark, DSS Hardening, GDPR)
- Performance Tuning
- High Availability Management
- Capacity Management (Hardware, Database, Instance)
- SQL Agent Job Monitoring
- Process Improvements
- Daily, Weekly and Monthly maintenance
- Installations / Upgrades / Patching
- Health Checks / Report Analysis
- Requests Handling (Incident, Change, Service)
Skills & Knowledge Required :
Primary Skill - SQL Server 2017 Administration (Good to have 5+ years of experience)
Secondary Skill - MongoDB Administration (Good to have 2+ years of experience)
Total 7+ years of experience in Database Administration
SQL Server Administration:
- Installing, Configuring and Upgrading SQL Server Service Packs
- Server and Database Security Administration
- Should be strong in AOAG HADR concepts and troubleshooting the issues within SLA.
- A good knowledge of the physical database design
- Good understanding of SQL Server Internals
- Understanding of Failover Clustering, Network & OS Fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of System & User Databases Backup, Restore and Recovery scenarios
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Create database objects (tables, indexes etc.)
- Write database Stored Procedures, Functions, and Triggers
- Database & Query Tuning (E.g., Deadlocks, Long running queries.)
- Monitoring health of SQL Server Instance & Database/s
- Plan and perform Database Maintenance (including Data Consistency)
- Extended events / Profiler to capture & analyse data real-time
- Candidate should be process oriented and following the Best Practices
- Good analysis skill to determine the core problem
- Plan growth and changes (Capacity Planning)
- Good exposure in security of instance & database, PCI DSS and CIS Benchmark & Hardening
- Perform in-depth technical troubleshooting and give consultation to development teams
- Setup custom scripts to query for issues and email the team
- Use native tools like Extended Events, Profiler, Perf-Mon, System SPs, DMVs, Custom SPs
- Understanding of Performance Tools, Veeam Backup Tool
- Implementation of possible custom automation
- Data Extract, Transformation and Loading
- Experience in SQL Agent Jobs, SSIS and SSRS troubleshooting
- Good to have exposure in Resource Governor, CDC etc features
- Good to have exposure in Azure SQL Database and PowerShell Scripting
- Good to have Data Modelling skill
Why Work at Contis ?
- We seek out and hire only exceptional talent, and therefore recognise that each individual brings value and contribution which has made us who we are today.
- We have a tech stack to be proud of and a working environment framed by our Contis values and behaviours.
- We are passionate people who share a common vision, can think big, and thrive on delivering results.
- We value diversity of thought and expect that you bring all of you to work; your passion, creativity and ideas on how we can be the best in the space that we operate in.
- In return we will help you to be the very best that you can, we will support with development, give you opportunities to get involved in key projects and offer exposure to challenges that you may not get in a larger organisation.
The benefits on offer:
- 18 days annual Leave
- Birthday Policy
- Yearly Performance Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus
- No Sandwich Leave Policy
- Personal Accident Policy
- Relocation Benefit
Contis is an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and builds an inclusive environment for its employees and customers. We consider all applicants for employment regardless of age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.