Job Overview :
Contis is the Banking-as-a-Service provider spearheading the digital payments revolution. We’re on a huge growth path and have rapidly doubled our payments volume while supporting 1.5m end-customers via over 200 clients. Contis is proud to be a European fintech success story looking for the best talent to drive our explosive growth.
Technical Architect is a crucial position for Contis Technology Team. Technical Architects design and develop software systems and applications. They act as high-level decision makers in the process, determining everything from design choices to technical standards, such as platforms and coding standards. They tend to oversee and work closely with other teams and members of the engineering department. They are usually the leader/mentor of software development projects, but often report to upper management.
We have talented teams across all our functions, and we are always interested in talking to more talented people who want to be a part of this journey.
Responsibilities & Duties :
- Reports to CTO & Head of Engineering
- While working with CTO and Head of Engineering, derive and execute a roadmap that meets technology vision of the engineering team as well as vision of the top management. You shall not only be a doer, but you shall be passionate about your role and contributions, you shall be able to come up with own initiatives, plans and results to achieve goals that meet excellence from Engineering team
- Work closely with other Technical Architects, Technical Project Managers, DevOps leader, Senior Developers and Department Heads to ensure that they get close guidance and ensure quality of their work remains excellent
- Remain hands on with knowledge of Contis products, underlying technology implementations & systems hosting infrastructure
- Remain up to date with technology trends and industry best practices along with taking initiatives on exploiting them in best way for Contis Platforms
- Need to have a broad and up-to-date knowledge of software applications, programming languages and hardware, as well as an understanding of quality standards, legislation in the IT industry
- Contis platform is a mission critical system which is very much centric towards Systems Performance, Scalability, Maintainability, Security, High availability, and Systems Uptime. Apply creative and smart solutions that always keeps Contis platform exceeding business and client expectations
- Where needed, explore Non-Dot Net technologies to fulfil business needs for Contis Platform (e.g. Mobile App Development, Automation Testing, Automated Load Testing of System)
- Develop proof-of-concepts to demonstrate feasibility/advantages of a technical solution against business needs
- Ensuring that the technical solutions and code (and other implementation artifacts) adhere to standards and implement the specified design by participating in detailed reviews. Any new implementations or enhancements shall be reviewed thoroughly to ensure smooth rollout with backward compatibility considered and no impact to clients
- Responsible for conducting reviews of technical solutions and code implementations done by team
- Constantly review the release processes and code management to ensure that it supports go to market strategy of business and deployment processes are always meeting top standards. Experience of working with Agile/Scrum and Kanban approach is must
- Shall possess ability to lead and mentor development teams. Provides an ongoing constructive technical feedback to the teams
- Participate in technical upgradation of teams to keep them up to date with necessary current and future technical stack of Contis Platform
- Participate actively on decisions related to hosting infrastructure of Contis Systems and Database(s)
- Go getter attitude with ability to work under minimal supervision
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, on occasions will need to get in to conference calls and communication with Client teams to represent Contis side
- Remain available to provide guidance to technical support teams for handling production issues swiftly
- On occasions, you may need to make international visit to a client’s place, Contis head office or at a supplier / partner organisation. These visits may be for the purpose of important meetings or trainings
Skills & Knowledge Required :
- 8+ years proven experience in a Technical Lead, Technical Manager or Technical Architect position with 15+ years of total industry experience.
- Hands on Experience with C#, Rest/Web API, YAML, SOAP, Dot Net Core, Dot.NET Frameworks, window services, Socket Programming (TCP/IP), SOA, Microservices, Design Patterns, Security best practices
- Experience of working with No SQL databases like MongoDB or other popular No-SQL databases, Queuing technologies and microservice architecture
- Experience in Entity framework, Dapper and ADO.Net
- Experience of working with Docker, Kubernetes
- Hands on experience on GIT, Visual Studio, IIS, SQL Server.
- Good understanding in DevOps CI/CD implementation
- Eight or more years of recent experience on leading the architecture, design and delivery of enterprise level business solutions using OOAD/OOP techniques using Microsoft .NET
- Expert knowledge and experience with designing and delivering solutions that factor in system scalability, performance, usability, quality, and maintainability.
- Expert knowledge and experience with design patterns, service-oriented architecture, solution frameworks, technical patterns, and technical services
- Expert knowledge and experience with multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and processing environments
- Extensive experience in software design and development, database design and development, and system integration
- Ability to develop secure solutions and knowledge of industry best practices regarding information security and defensive development.
- Experience of working with various tools to prepare high level / low level technical diagrams that can demonstrate solutions implemented / to be implemented.
- Experience of developing software using a formal and structured development methodology.
- Must have knowledge of various SDLC and agile methodology.
- Proven track record of Client Communication/Technical Team Management
- Proven track record of leading technical team(s) along with good team building experience of technical team members.
Why Work at Contis ?
- We seek out and hire only exceptional talent, and therefore recognise that each individual brings value and contribution which has made us who we are today.
- We have a tech stack to be proud of and a working environment framed by our Contis values and behaviours.
- We are passionate people who share a common vision, can think big, and thrive on delivering results.
- We value diversity of thought and expect that you bring all of you to work; your passion, creativity and ideas on how we can be the best in the space that we operate in.
- In return we will help you to be the very best that you can, we will support with development, give you opportunities to get involved in key projects and offer exposure to challenges that you may not get in a larger organisation.
The benefits on offer:
- 18 days annual Leave
- Birthday Policy
- Yearly Performance Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus
- No Sandwich Leave Policy
- Personal Accident Policy
- Relocation Benefit
Contis is an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and builds an inclusive environment for its employees and customers. We consider all applicants for employment regardless of age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.